At this time of year I get the same questions: do Wandle Software’s apps work on the new version of iOS and do you intend to support its new features? 2017 is no exception, so here’s the news about iOS 11.
As far as I know, all our apps will continue to work correctly on iOS 11. In slightly more detail:
- Yummy. There appear to be some visual glitches that are caused by some changes, but functionality is unaffected. I’ll issue an update to fix the glitch when I’ve figured out what’s causing it. I also plan to support improved drop and drop support, though maybe not with that first version.
- Quick Calendar. Designed with iOS 11 in mind. I’ve not seen any problems with the Mac version.
- ShareEverywhere. With the exception of Facebook and Twitter, it should continue to work as before. iOS 11 removes the system level sharers for Facebook and Twitter, and these are what ShareEverywhere uses. I’m currently not clear whether this functionality can be easily restored.
- Rootn Tootn. I’ve tested and seen no problems. I’ll keep an eye out when the Golden Master is available.
- www.cut. I’ve tested and seen no problems. On iPad, it even supports the drag-and-drop functionality.
- Glider. I’ve not tested the beta version of tvOS yet so I’m not sure. However, I do not anticipate any problems and will fix them if I find anything.
The summary: minor fixes, some minor updates. While both new operating systems have some nice new features, they don’t really affect Wandle’s apps.